The Horse of a Lifetime!
The first US Triple Crown winner in 37 years
Dual Gr.1 winning Champion 2YO & 6-time Gr.1 winning Champion 3YO. The world’s highest-rated horse in 2015 - higher-rated than leading sires Street Cry, Medaglia d’Oro and More Than Ready
“The most exciting stud horse ever sent to Australia”
- The Australian, 5 March 2017
A high-class Danehill-free pedigree.
His first southern hemisphere yearlings sold for $850,000, $750,000, $750,000, $675,000, $600,000, $575,000, NZ$575,000, $460,000, $450,000, $400,000, $375,000, NZ$360,000, $300,000, $260,000, $250,000, $210,000, $210,000, NZ$210,000, NZ$200,000 etc.
“American Pharoah has done such a good job overseas and a lot of his winners are on turf…we like him and will be happy to buy more of them this year.”
- Wayne Hawkes, purchaser of the American Pharoah ex. Azumi colt for $750,000
“American Pharoah is obviously a horse that has come here with a big level of excitement on. We're leaving with two, a colt and a filly, obviously we like them.”
- Garry Cuddy, Spendthrift, purchasers of the American Pharoah ex Tsaritsa colt for $600,000 and Vivi Veloce filly for $375,000
US Champion first crop sire of 2019!
His first northern hemisphere crop includes 10 Stakes winners...
- Four Wheel Drive won the Gr.2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint at Santa Anita, the Gr.3 Futurity Stakes at Belmont Park & the US$100,000 Rosie's Stakes at Colonial Downs for Wesley Ward
- Sweet Melania - 3-time winner including the Gr.2 Jessamine County Stakes & Gr.3 Wonder Again Stakes for Todd Pletcher. Third in the Gr.1 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Santa Anita
- Pista - winner of the Gr.2 Park Hill Stakes at Doncaster & the Listed Vinnie Roe Stakes at Leopardstown for Joseph O'Brien
- Maven - 3-time winner for Wesley Ward including the Gr.3 Prix du Bois at Chantilly
- Harvey's Lil Goil - 3-time winner including the Gr.3 Regret Stakes at Churchill Downs & Busanda Stakes at Aqueduct by 7½ lengths for William Mott. Third in the Gr.1 Alabama Stakes at Saratoga
- Turned Aside - winner of the Gr.3 Quick Call Stakes at Saratoga for Linda Rice
- Danon Pharaoh - winner of the Japan Dirt Derby (JPN G1)
- Ocean Atlantique - a €1.1 million 2YO, won the Listed Prix de Suresnes by 5 lengths
- Cafe Pharoah - 3-time winner in Japan including the Gr.3 The Unicorn Stakes & Listed Hyacinth Stakes
- Another Miracle winner of the Skidmore Stakes at Saratoga & My Frenchman Stakes at Monmouth Park. Finished third in the Gr.2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint at Santa Anita
- Monarch of Egypt bolted up at Naas on debut for Aidan O’Brien, runner-up in the Gr.1 Phoenix Stakes, Gr.2 Railway Stakes & Gr.3 Jersey Stakes at Royal Ascot
- American Theorem - debut maiden winner at Del Mar. Runner-up in the Gr.1 American Pharoah Stakes at Santa Anita
- Skygaze - 7-length maiden winner at Woodbine. First past the post in the Gr.3 Mazarine Stakes, disqualified placed third
Other black-type performers include Envied, Prince Of Pharoahs, Homeland, Saqqara King, Princesa Caroline, Royal Act, Van Gogh etc.