Stands at Castlehyde Stud
Kingston Hill - A Gr.1 winner at 2 and 3 years with a Gr.1 sire's pedigree
2nd top-rated 2YO colt in Europe in 2013 & one of the best of his generation as a 3YO
- By European Champion 2YO & proven Gr.1 sire MASTERCRAFTSMAN
- His dam is a Group-winning half-sister to a Group-winning 2YO
- His second dam is a half-sister to DANSEUSE DU SOIR, 5½ furlong Prix Robert Papin-Gr.2 winner as a 2YO and French 1,000 Guineas-Gr.1 & Prix de la Foret-Gr.1 winner as a 3YO
“one of the best of an above average Classic crop… Kingston Hill is a well-made, attractive individual and a good walker” Timeform Racehorses of 2014
"He was a very special horse for the yard, giving us our first two-year-old Group 1 and Classic successes. In another year he might well have won the Epsom Derby but he ran into a very good horse in Australia. He's a beautiful mover with a great cruising speed and turn of foot - pretty much everything you look for in a top-class racehorse." Roger Varian, trainer
12 colt foals at the 2019 NH Sales sold for up to €72,000 and averaged over €21,000!
Purchasers included Tim Dennis of Thorne Farm (x2), Michael Cullen of White Horse Stud (x2), The Hores of Mount Eaton Stud, Patrick McCann, Highflyer Bloodstock, Bryan Murphy, Ian Ferguson, Yellowford Farm, Richard Downes etc.
“Kingston Hill, focused on jumps duty nowadays, took the eye at Castlehyde” Martin Stevens, Racing Post January 2020
First crop includes...
- Galador - 4-time winner, including at Milan, Rome and Deauville
- Ineedaleader - winner at 2 in France over 8.5f. for trainer E Monfort
- Kairos - winner over 10f. in France
- Kommodity Kid - maiden winner at Lingfield over 10f. for trainer Jonathan Portman
- Face of Energima - stylish winner on 2YO debut at Ovrevoll over 6f. for trainer Niels Petersen
- Franceska Bella - winner of 2 races as a 2YO
- Zent - winner in Italy over 8f.