Brilliant racehorse, dual Derby winner & top-class 2yo
“Australia powered through his toughest test to date with brutal ease, adding the Juddmonte International to his expanding seasonal haul of Group 1s in an impressive display of both speed and class.” Racing Post, 21st Aug 2014
An exceptional pedigree…
“The son of champion sire Galileo out of multiple Group 1-winner and Oaks heroine Ouija Board, Australia was bred to be a champion” Racing Post
"a great buy for €35,000" Bill Oppenheim
"I have loved the horses by Australia, they have really impressed me" Tom Goff of Blandford Bloodstock, Tattersalls.com
Yearlings in 2018 have already sold for €475,000, 325,000gns, €250,000, €245,000, €220,000, €210,000, 200,000gns, 200,000gns, €170,000, €160,000, €155,000, €150,000, 115,000gns, €105,000, €100,000, 100,000gns etc.
First crop 2YO's already include...
- Beyond Reason - winner of the G2 Prix du Calvados & G3 Prix Six Perfections at Deauville for Charlie Appleby and Godolphin.
- Broome - made all to win his maiden in impressive style for Aidan O'Brien. Runner-up in the G1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere & G2 Champion Juvenile Stakes.
- Sydney Opera House - trained by Aidan O'Brien, led home a 1-2 for his sire in a high-class Curragh maiden. Runner-up in the G2 Royal Lodge Stakes.
- Aussie View - stylish 3½-length novice stakes winner for Mark Johnston at Doncaster.
- Almania - maiden winner at Sandown for Sir Michael Stoute.
- Kosciuszko - smart novice stakes winner at Sandown for John Gosden & China Horse Club.
- Western Australia - easy maiden winner at Gowran Park for Aidan O'Brien.
- Brassica - won a Beverley novices’ event for Sir Mark Prescott.