Brilliant racehorse, dual Derby winner & top-class 2yo
“Australia powered through his toughest test to date with brutal ease, adding the Juddmonte International to his expanding seasonal haul of Group 1s in an impressive display of both speed and class.” Racing Post, 21st Aug 2014
An exceptional pedigree…
“The son of champion sire Galileo out of multiple Group 1-winner and Oaks heroine Ouija Board, Australia was bred to be a champion” Racing Post
"a great buy for €35,000" Bill Oppenheim
Yearlings in 2018 sold for €475,000, €390,000, €250,000, €245,000, €240,000, €240,000, €220,000, €210,000, €210,000 etc.
First crop 2YO's include...
- Beyond Reason - winner of the G2 Prix du Calvados & G3 Prix Six Perfections at Deauville for Charlie Appleby and Godolphin
- Broome - made all to win his maiden in impressive style for Aidan O'Brien. Runner-up in the G1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere & G2 Champion Juvenile Stakes
- Sydney Opera House - trained by Aidan O'Brien, led home a 1-2 for his sire in a high-class Curragh maiden. Runner-up in the G1 Criterium de Saint-Cloud & G2 Royal Lodge Stakes
- Western Australia - easy maiden winner at Gowran Park for Aidan O'Brien & placed in the G1 Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes at Doncaster
- Aussie View - stylish 3½-length novice stakes winner for Mark Johnston at Doncaster
- Almania - maiden winner at Sandown for Sir Michael Stoute
- Kosciuszko - smart novice stakes winner at Sandown for John Gosden & China Horse Club
- Lastochka - winner of novice stakes at Kempton for Roger Varian
- Lady Adelaide - winner of a fillies' novice stakes at Kempton for Roger Charlton & owner/breeders Fishdance Ltd
- Ardiente - stylish winner of a fillies' novice stakes at Kempton for Ed Vaughan & Anthony Oppenheimer
- Brassica - won a Beverley novices’ event for Sir Mark Prescott
- Dark Lochnagar - impressive 2¾-length novice stakes winner for Keith Dalgleish at Redcar
- I Remember You - winner at Leopardstown for Aidan O'Brien
- War Eagle - winner at Wolverhampton for John Gosden
- Rosehill - 4-length winner on debut in France for owner/breeder Al Shaqab Racing & trainer Jean-Claude Rouget
"I have a tip for the future: Australia. Broome, Beyond Reason, Western Australia and Sydney Opera House are rated in excess of 108 and that's very statistically significant... he is, I would say, extremely promising." James Willoughby, Luck On Sunday, Racing UK 28th Oct.